Section 8 Landlord Information

ATTENTION PROPERTY OWNERS The Town of Islip Housing Authority is seeking Landlords and Property Owners that would like to make RENTAL property available to Section 8 Recipients.

HCV Landlord Resources | / U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

As a property Owner with a unit to lease to a program participant, you can submit information about your unit below, either printing and sending the form in OR use the NEW feature and complete the form online and submit it.

Program Benefits

  • Annual or special unit inspections by the IHA staff to protect interested parties.
  • Timely rent payments.
  • Large pool of eligible participants.
  • Annual rent increases considered consistent with market trends.
  • Two week lease up process from notification to lease signing.
  • Payment continuation in the event of an eviction (according to HUD regulations)
  • If the unit is going to be rented, the protections and mutual benefits are enhanced by leasing to a program participant.

Thank you for your interest in the Section 8 program. The Town of Islip
Housing Authority requires that subsidized units be issued a Rental Permit
from the Town of Islip. you can apply for one, information is available on
The Town of Islip Website

Once and if a rental permit is issued, you can seek to lease your your
available unit privately and/or in our office. Our office listing is
provided to families on the program currently looking for a unit. There is
no pre-approval requirement, inspections and the supporting documentation are requested when a family submits a request to lease a unit. The HA does not provide a participating family for the unit, the families on the program choose to submit a request to lease a unit.

Information Links-from time to time there are regulations changes that are incorporated by reference and the info links here may not be updated due to delays in HUD distribution of documentation.

Two of the main required forms once a family requests to lease a unit. Note updating forms are always subject to HUD changes in forms not yet updated

See sorted by number. (see number below)

  • 52541-Housing Assistance Payments Contract Section 8 Tenant-Based Assistance
  • 52641a-Tenancy Addendum Section 8 Tenant-Based Assistance Housing Choice Voucher

Please call 631-589-7100 x210 Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM for information or in order to receive  a program guide. You can reach the Housing Inspector

[wpmfpdf id=”1882″ embed=”1″ target=””]